Bridgewater – It was always the home of State College, but now Bridgewater is home of Bridgewater State University. And while it is a town of more than 25,000, the University is reporting more than 10,000 students. BSU, founded in 1840, is the largest state college outside of the University of Massachusetts system. Apart from the university, Bridgewater is a quaint, somewhat rural, stop between two larger cities: Taunton to the south and Brockton to the north.
The church planter for Bridgewater will have to connect to the University and all opportunities that come with reaching students.
Yet, at the same time, the church planter for Bridgewater will have to find ways to engage the general public through his ministry to BSU.
- Population – 26,948
- Household mean income – $64,800
- Median age – 36.6
- College degree – 29.6 percent
- White – 93.1 percent, Black 3.5
- State University Students – 11,000+
- SBC churches – 0
Get the US Census Data
- Community Facts – Use this US Census search to find a number of different demographic reports that should be very useful
First View 2010 for Zip 02324 – Church-specific research from PreceptGroup reflecting People and Place, Faces of Diversity, Community Issues, and Faith Preferences.